Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II I opened the first time Multiplayer betaAnd PlayStation owners can join the fun early. Unfortunately, it doesn’t launch without the hiccups; An increasing number of players are reporting that their games keep crashing and/or a specific error message appears. If you are one of those unlucky gamers who have seen CE-108255-1 error message or other crashes, here is the known and fixed solution COD: Modern Warfare 2 beta crashes.
Modern Warfare 2 Beta solution keeps crashing
Some players suggest restarting COD: Modern Warfare 2 It could be a solution to the crash problem. If that doesn’t work, you can also try resetting your PC or console. Reddit user u/psn1453 suggest it PS4 Users may want to try rebuilding their console database. Here’s how:
- Turn off your PS4 by pressing and holding the power button on the console.
- Once the console turns off, press and hold the Power button again. Release it after the second beep is heard – one beep will sound when you first press, and another beep will sound seven seconds later. The second beep means that the console has entered safe mode.
- Using a USB cable, connect the DualShock 4 controller to your PS4 and press the PlayStation button on the controller.
- Then choose option 5: Re-create the database.
- Follow any instructions and wait for it to finish.
Meanwhile, if you play on PS5 And keep seeing the CE-108255-1 error message, you need to troubleshoot the problem in a different way. Continue reading below.
Fix CE-108255-1 Crash in COD: Modern Warfare 2 Beta on PS5
according to Official PlayStation Support Page, the error message CE-108255-1 means that there is an application error. Unfortunately, this means that you will need to reinstall the entire game to fix the problem since it is considered an installation error. Here’s how you can do that:
- Delete the game by opening Settings > Storage, and reinstall the game.
- Then start the PS5 in Safe Mode and select “5. Rebuild Database Option”.
- To start PS5 in safe mode:
- Turn off your console by holding the power button for three seconds. The power indicator will flash for a few moments before turning off.
- Once the console turns off, press and hold the Power button again. Release it after the second beep is heard – one beep will sound when the first time is pressed and after another seven seconds.
- Connect the console to the USB cable and press the PS button on the console.
- If the error persists, reset PS5 from Settings > System > System Software > Reset PS5, and try installing the app again
- You may want to back up your data beforehand.
- If the above means do not work, Contact PlayStation Support.
COD: Modern Warfare 2 The multiplayer beta begins September 16 for PlayStation owners and ends September 24 for all platforms, with crossplay functionality turned on. Here is the full list of multiplayer beta schedules:
- First Early Access Beta Weekend (PS4 and PS5):
- Friday Sept 16 10AM PT until Tuesday Sept 20 10AM PT
- First open beta weekend (PS4 and PS5):
- Sunday, September 18 at 10am PT until Tuesday, September 20 at 10am PT
- 2nd Early Access Trial Weekend (All platforms and cross-play, Xbox Live Gold required):
- Thursday Sep 22 10AM PT to Monday Sept 26 10AM PT
- It can be accessed by all PS4 and PS5 owners regardless of pre-order statuses
- 2nd Open Beta Weekend (all platforms and cross):
- Saturday Sep 24 10am PT to Monday September 26th 10am PT